The Coalition of Geriatric Nursing Organizations’ (CGNO), representing over 28,700 nurses is comprised of the leading associations representing nurses who provide geriatric care in a variety of clinical settings. By leveraging its collective strengths, the CGNO speaks with one voice to promote a health care environment for older adults that reflect accessibility, evidence-based practice, and high quality, person-centered care. Since its inception in 2001, the CGNO has been coordinated by the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing (HIGN) at New York University College of Nursing.
- View the Member Organizations
- CGNO Purpose
- View the 2013 Annual Report
- Nursing Staffing Requirements to Meet the Demands of Today's Long Term Care Consumer: Recommendations from the Coalition of Geriatric Nursing Organizations (CGNO)
- Medicare Conditions of Participation, Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities, 42 CFR 483 Subpart B
- Latest recommendations made to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services regarding the Requirements for Participation for Long Term Care Facilities, 42 CFR §483 Subpart B